After last weeks adventure into pickling cucumbers, I went to the garden again this week and harvested 19 pounds of new cucumbers! Wow, what a surprise!
This was the start of a full bucket. I can't believe how much better tasting and looking these are compared to what they sell in the grocery stores around here...
I went online and found a Dill Pickle recipe and decided to try it out.
In the brine they go!
They needed a little help to keep them in the brine mix.
I used a mandolin slicer to make these Dill "Stackers"! Lengthwise slices.
Wow do these look good!
Sliced up and ready to put in the jars!
Mixing up the pickling spices and the special ingredients...
Packed and ready for the juice!
I had 9 quarts ready to go including a "golden" cucumber I found hiding in the garden.
Filling the jars with juice.
Into the pot for the final sealing.
The final outcome - they even look like pickles!